Brand history

The founder of the brand - Nathan Schwartz, was born in 1902 into a Jewish family in Odessa
Before the First World War, he moved to America, where he began to study the basics of shoemaking. His father, grandfather and great-grandfather were shoemakers. In 1973, the Schwartz family created the world's first practically waterproof boots: thanks to a new device at the factory, the sole was attached to the upper without seams. The boots allowed less water to pass through. The result of numerous tests in harsh conditions: yellow boots made of heavy-duty full-grain leather, non-slip soles and deep tread. At first the brand was called Timberlander (“Man of the Forest”), but after a while it became Timberland (“forest plot”).

Timberland was the first shoe company to run banner ads in the New Yorker, Playboy, Field & Stream, Sports Illustrated, and Ski and Powder magazines. This is how they created a brand concept around themselves and increased their reach of the target audience. Young people began to buy yellow shoes. By the end of the 70s, yellow Timberland boots accounted for 80% of the company's revenue. The remaining 20% ​​came from orders for other companies.

DNA and philosophy

High-quality clothing for an active and exploratory lifestyle
Clothes that pass tests in different climates
For children - active, loving nature, climbing trees, caring for all living things, they are engines of change for the better, they are the future of our planet
Ideal equipment for hiking and outdoor trips
An eco-friendly brand for kids interested in climate issues with a high empathy for the natural world
The brand supports social and civic initiatives: “For 30 years, we have fought back against wind, water, earth and sky. Now is the time for all of us to fight back against injustice, racism and indifference.”